Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
This is an excellent recipe for anyone who wants to cut back on simple carbohydrates, which the body considers another form of sugar, and we know that cancer feeds on sugar. The flavor is so similar to mashed potatoes that most people don’t even realize they’re eating cauliflower. And as a bonus, cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, meaning it has cancer-fighting properties.
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or lite salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Using a large soup pot, bring enough water to cover the cauliflower to a boil.
- Place cauliflower in the pot of boiling water and cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until it’s softened.
- Drain cauliflower completely and pat dry with paper or cloth towels.
- Using a food processor, puree cauliflower and cream cheese, Parmesan or Asiago, garlic, and salt until nearly smooth.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a serving bowl, and sprinkle chives over the top. Enjoy!